|Type||Member firms have different legal structures, USA and UK:Limited Liability Partnership|
|Founded||1989; individual components from 1849|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Jim Turley (Chairman & CEO)|
|Divisions||Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Transactions|
Ernst & Young (EY) is one of the largest professional service firms in the world and one of the "Big Four" accounting firms, along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- EMEIA: Europe, Middle East, India and Africa
- Assurance Services (46%): comprises Financial Audit (core assurance), Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, and Climate Change & Sustainability Services.
- Tax Services (26%): includes Business Tax Compliance, Human Capital, Customs, Indirect Tax, International Tax Services, Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Tax.
- Advisory Services (19%): consisting of four subservice lines: Actuarial, IT Risk and Assurance, Risk, and Performance Improvement.
- Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) (9%): deals with companies' capital agenda – preserving, optimizing, investing and raising capital.
Name and branding
Anglo Irish Bank
Sons of Gwalia
Bally Total Fitness
Notable current and former employees
- Arthur Blank—co-founder of Home Depot, owner of the Atlanta Falcons
- Jim Balsillie—co-CEO of Research In Motion (1992–2012)
- Andrew Gould—Chairman and former CEO of Schlumberger (2003–2011)
- Ed Grier—Dean of VCU School of Business, Former President of the Disneyland Resort (2009–present)
- Chris Kubasik—CEO of Lockheed Martin (2001–present)
- Sean Wise—venture capital commentator
- Patricia A. Woertz—CEO of Archer Daniels Midland (2006–present)
- Michael T. Strianese—CEO of L-3 Communications (2006–present)
- Karan Bilimoria, Baron Bilimoria—Founder of Cobra Beer
Politics and public service
- Jan Peter Balkenende—Prime Minister of the Netherlands (2002–2010)
- John B. T. Campbell III—Member of the U.S. House of Representatives (2005–present)
- Jun Choi—Mayor of Edison, New Jersey (2006–present)
- Christopher Chope—Member of the British Parliament (1983–92; 1997–present)
- Sheila Fraser—Former Auditor General of Canada (2001–2011)
- Cheryl Gillan—Member of the British Parliament (1992–present)
- Edward H Ntalami—CEO at his Kenyan Capital Markets Authority (2002–present)
- John Howell—Member of the British Parliament (2008–present)
- Hugo Schiltz—Belgian Senator (1992–1995)
- Jeff McWaters—Member of the Virginia State Senate (2010–present)
- Tin Pei Ling-Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC, Singapore (2011–present)
- "Facts & Figures". Ey.com. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Ernst & Young: Jim Turley. Ey Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- "Doing Business". Doingbusiness.ro. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Facts and figures. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- "America's Largest Private Companies". Forbes. 3 November 2011. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Ernst & Young – History. Ey Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Reports say Arthur Young and Ernst may merge New York Times, May 1989
- Accountancy merger off. BBC News (1998-02-13). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Cap Gemini to acquire Ernst & Young consulting business New York Times, March 2000
- Ernst & Young acquires Anderson India. Findarticles (2003-04-08). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Maintaining a Diverse Culture. EY. Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Mitchell & Titus Joins Ernst & Young Global as a Member Firm. Prnewswire Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Grant Thornton confirms departure of Brazilian member firm Grant Thornton, 3 August 2010
- Ernst & Young consolidates global structure. Webcpa Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Facts and figures. EY Global Review. Retrieved on 4 February 2012.
- Ernst & Young Website. Ey Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- The Best Accounting Firms to Work For Forbes. Retrieved on April 27, 2012
- BusinessWeek: The Best Places to Launch a Career. BusinessWeek. Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Ernst & Young LLP named to FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 12th year in a row. Ey (2010-01-21). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- America's Ideal Employers 2011 Universum
- The World's Most Attractive Employers 2010 Universum
- 100 Best Places To Work For In IT. ComputerWorld (2008-06-26). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Where women want to work. The Times. Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Working Mother
- George Chen (16 April 2009). "Ernst & Young China staff to take low-pay leave". Reuters.
- China headcount to overtake UK at top firms by Adam Jones (Jan 25, 2012) Financial Times
- BBC News (2005). Equitable drops High Court action. Retrieved 26 August 2006.
- Where were the auditors?. Shane-ross.ie (2009-01-12). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- The Cost of Anglo-Irish Bank. Irishtimes (2010-08-12). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Anglo's board and auditors criticised at egm Shareholders told Kyle Swartzlander owed bank a total of €129m in 2007. Irishtimes (2009-01-01). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Drumm resigns as chief executive of Anglo Irish. Irishtimes (2008-12-12). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- "Press Release Further appointments for Purcell". Chartered Accountants Regulatory Board. 25 March 2009.
- "Accountancy watchdog seeks to widen inquiry into Anglo Irish". 26 March 2009. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- | E&Y faces probe on Anglo Irish Bank audit|(2011-09-14)
- Ernst &Young agrees to $125m Sons of Gwalia settlement The West Australian, published: 4 September 2009, accessed: 4 September 2009
- "Ernst & Youngs US$200m snag". South China Morning Post (Hong Kong). 12 October 2009. Retrieved 12 October 2009.
- Lehman Directors did not breach duties examiner finds. Dealbook.blogs.nytimes (2010-03-11). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Attorney General Cuomo sues Ernst & Young for assisting Lehman Brothers in financial fraud, State of New York, Office of the Attorney General, Media Center, 21 December 2010
- Lehman Cooked Books before Collapse, Report Finds. Cbsnews (2010-03-12). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Court-Appointed Lehman Examiner Unveils Report. Dealbook.blogs.nytimes (2010-03-11). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Lehman smoking gun leaves E&Y facing questions. Accountancyage Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Ernst & Young defends its Lehman work in letter to clients. accountingweb. Retrieved on May 30, 2012.
-  The Guardian. Retrieved on July 12, 2012.
- Norris, Floyd (18 December 2009). "Ernst to Pay the S.E.C. $8.5 million". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. Ey Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Maharaja: the Splendour of India's Royal Courts. Vam.ac.uk (2009-07-20). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- Cyberchase – PBS Kids Official PBS Kids Website with corporate sponsorships.
- Ernst & Young Item Club appoints new Chief Economist. Prnewswire.co.uk (1997-06-16). Retrieved on 9 July 2011.
- "Rio 2016 Unveils Ernst & Young as Tier 2 Sponsor". Aroundtherings.com. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "Schlumberger CEO to retire, remains as chairman". Forbes. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- (Dutch) Former Dutch PM to be partner in accountancy firm