The First Amendment: SNIPPITS AND SNAPPITS: JONATHON BLAKELEY: A GUIDE TO HASBARA TROLLS
SNIPPITS AND SNAPPITS: JONATHON BLAKELEY: A GUIDE TO HASBARA TROLLS
JONATHON BLAKELEY: A GUIDE TO HASBARA TROLLS
1. A troll is someone who posts inflammatory2. Extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response3. Or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
- Supreme point of view
- The Hasbara troll knows best
- Condescending & Patronizing
- Socialist (Smart and ‘caring’)
- Do not have to be Jewish but Pro-Israel
- Internet experts
- Like to ask the questions, not answer questions
- Control freaks
- Inflamed by anyone being critical of Israel
- ‘Moral’ Guardians
- Classic insults: Anti-semite, Neo- Nazi, White Supremacist, Holocaust denier
- Adept with social networks well trained on IT
Do you know Gilad Atzmon is a notorious… anti-semite? Neo-Nazi, holocaust denier. Etc. etc.
“In this book I will try to untangle the knot. I will present a harsh criticism of Jewish politics and identity. Yet it is crucial to mention at this early stage that there will be not a single reference to Jews as ethnicity or race. In my writing, I differentiate between Jews (the people), Judaism (the religion) and Jewish-ness (the ideology). This book does not deal with Jews as a people or ethnicity. If anything, my studies of this issue suggest that Jews do not form any kind of racial continuum. In short, those who are searching for blood or race-related interpretation on Zionism will have to look for it in someone else’s work.” Gilad Atzmon P15 Chapter 1 ~The Wandering Who.
Jews (the people) ~ born a Jew, being Jewish.Judaism (the religion) ~ Jewish beliefs.Jewish-ness (the ideology) ~ Jewish ideas
I would actually say, those people who advocate every intervention list war in the name of freedom of speech, democracy and pluralism, are operating in the west as gatekeepers, censors and resent any form of intellectual debate ~ Gilad Atzmon
1. Turn up randomly asking question about Israel, trying to engage/educate.2. Guilt by association, they point to some source you are linked to as being anti-semitic or neo-Nazi.3. Opportunity to redeem ~ the offer chance to recant from your naive ways.4. Smears and insults ~ if the top 3 fail then it’s just character assassination.5. Name bombing ~ using seo in black hat ways to denounce and smear people. I.e. website with 37 mentions of someone’s name will probably get a Page one on Google.6. Hasbara trolls generally follow the rules of social networks, because they want to continue to influence people and subvert open and free debate.
emma_rosenthal 2:09pm via Web .@jonathonblakele @johne326 by trolling they mean disagreeing, adding to the discourse? oooh wow sensitive white supremacists aren’t they?emma_rosenthal 2:11pm via Web .@johne326 you don’t get it. it’s ruder to actually oppose racism than to advocate it. don’t be so sensitive!